Germany Trip!

Hello Everyone!

Now, this post has taken waaaay to long to post, but I just didn't have the time to edit my vlogs and such since I got back from Germany (it's been almost a month and I just uploaded my photos!).
I've tried to section off the footage based on which day it was and hopefully you'll enjoy my journey across the pond!


Day 1 : All Aboard!







Today was probably the most anticipated day. I had a huge assignment to hand in first period and then I had to get all my stuff and load a bus for a 2 hour drive to Montreal. We got to the airport and managed to wait for 6 and a half hours for the plane (basically the same amount of time was spent on the ground as we spent in the sky..). We then landed in Heathrow (London, England) and spent a nice 5 hour layover eating, whining about how tired we are and eating some more foreign food! We then hopped on a 3 hour flight to Berlin where we had a small tour. We didn't get to see the Berlin wall, but we managed to see some other wonderful sights! We then took a 3 hour bus ride to Leipzig but I managed to fall asleep and missed watching our bus go on the Autobahn!


Day 2 : Choir Boys??





The first thing on our minds when we heard that we were going to see the St.Thomas Boys Choir sing at Mass was "Choir Boys."  Once Mass had ended, we we're lucky enough to get the chance to sing over Bach's grave inside the church! There was also a Mendelssohn memorial outside of the church which we got to goof around with. We then went on a few tours and got to visit some monuments! We got to visit the Mendelssohn museum and we got the chance to conduct a work by Mendelssohn!

Day 3 : Performing & Bach!


Today we returned to see the boys from the St.Thomas choir. We got the chance to perform for their school and got to chat with them. They got to practice their english and french and we got the chance to try some german! We then shipped off to Kothen, which is about an hour away from Leipzig. We got to do a huge tour of on of Bach's Castles and got to sing in his church!


Day 4 : Wagner?



Today we went on a tour of Dresden and got to explore some old castles and theatres and churches! We then boarded off and went to the country side to visit the Wagner Museum! Once we finished at the Wagner Museum, we drove off to Prague! Also, when I mention the swans....well we later found out that they were fake....oops! Also the noise that you hear after I say "Look at all those chickens!" is Noah laughing like an idiot.


Day 5 : Puppets?...

It's our first day in Prague! They are world famous for their puppets and clocks. This video just shows our adventures through out the town! On this day, it was freeeezing and it even snowed! I managed to mess up the footage, so part of the evenings events are on the next vlog!

Day 6:  Kooky Clocks and Return of "The Egg"
This day we spent on a day tour where we got to explore shops and what not. We got to visit an incredible clock that was ancient! We then went for lunch at the Mozart Cafe and found some baked potatoes on a stick! We also decided to name pigeons and tease my friend Aidan.

Day 7: Music, Music, Music!


This was the last day in Prague. We got to visit a Castle that took a 30 minute hike to get to! It is the most beautiful castle ever, not to mention its one of the oldest castles in Europe! This was an awesome way to end our trip!


I'm sad to say that my Europe tour has ended, but hopefully I will be back in the near future! It's honestly so beautiful and welcoming over there, which makes traveling so much easier. Thank you to everyone who accommodated us and for putting up with our lousy czech/german!

I hope you enjoyed this documentation!

Until next time,

Tess

Comments

Popular Posts