Traveling Tips and Tricks!

Hello to my readers!

This may not be as informative as the usual music posts, but I am currently flying over the Atlantic and felt like this post would be relevant! I can honestly say that these tips and tricks have all been something that I've tried and would recommend!

As part of my new year resolutions I had promised myself to try to dress up and pull myself together every day. In result of my crazy schedule, I've managed to figure out a way to cut some corners.

In my recent travels, I found that some of these tips would be helpful to those who are also traveling, whether it be for business or an audition, for a vacation or to get home from university.
According to word of mouth, rumour has it that you can get bumped up to a different classification if you are dressed up. Now, that could never hurt, right?




Dressing for Comfort.

Nothing sounds better than the idea of comfy pants and a slouchy sweater while traveling. Unfortunately, even on over night flights, my mother usually insists that I dress up.
While bringing sweat pants along is tempting, for the sake of having room in my carry on, I've decided to leave them at home!
For the plane I've packed some black leggings. These will bring the comfort and flexibility of yoga pants but have the shape of a (very tight) skinny jean. You can even buy some types of leggings that have back pockets!
Now, instead of a giant sweater, I am opting for a slouchy top and a cardigan/giant scarf. The scarf can be a 2-in-1 while combating the cold Canadian air and as a cozy pashmina on the flight.

Hiding in my carry on, I have packed a tunic. These dress-like shirts are long enough to cover your bum (to hide the look of the leggings) and are still comfortable to be walking around in once you land. They are also compact enough that they won't take up a lot of room in your carry on.

 (Chapters Pashmina & Currently on sale!)

Hair & Makeup.

I highly suggest showering the day you leave for a trip. You don't know when you will be showering next and if you are flying an international flight, chances are that you won't be showering for another 2 days (including the time change).
While you're hair is still wet, I suggest setting it in a low bun. This low maintenance look will keep your hair our of your freshly cleaned face and will eventually set your hair into some pretty waves for the next day!
I do also suggest bringing a headband to have for the plane in case those waves go rogue. If that is the case, you can tuck the hair into the back of the head band to create a simple and quick grecian look!

While your face is clean, apply a moisturizer and BB cream. The moisturizer will combat the dry air on the plane while the BB cream will add some coverage to red skin and will help protect against UV rays from the sun. They can still get'cha from all the way up there! Apply some mascara and you are good to go!

Pack inside your carry on a small eyelash curler, a bright lipstick, some concealer (but make sure it fits airline rules), white eyeliner and some powder. Due to my oily skin, I also pack blotting sheets.

The concealer will help touch up any dark circles or blemishes that you may face while traveling. The eyelash curler can help perk up those tired eyes and vamp up those eyelashes. White eyeliner on the bottom waterline will help brighten the eyes giving a less tired look. Tap on some powder where you feel your skin needs it!

The lipstick should be bright! It'll help waken your face and it'll make you look luminous! If your lipstick isn't too crazy of a shade, you can even use it as a blush! Treat it as a cream blush and make sure you blend! I really recommend a chubby stick, which is a pencil style lipstick and it provides moisture while giving great colour! Plus, it's super easy to apply and is easier to touch up!


Add some powder dry shampoo to your roots to liven up dull or greasy hair. If you don't have any powder dry shampoo, baby powder also works as a replacement!

Now to top off this look, add some giant sunglasses and a cute colourful scarf and you will look fierce and well rested!


All Aboard! 

For those musicians, my final packing advice would be to carry your music in your carry on (if it isn't too heavy..). My reasoning behind this suggestion is in case the airline misplaces your luggage! Nothing worse than being stranded with no music.

I hope you all enjoyed this post! Stay tuned for more posts about my trip! Hopefully I will be able to post in my travel diary, but only if time permits!

Until next time,

Tessa

Comments

Popular Posts