Happy Birthday Mozart!

It is the one, the only, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's 260th Birthday!


Mozart's works were the first pieces of music that I fell in love with. Growing up I wasn't very interested in classical music but thanks to his compositions, I've now fallen in love with the art form.

Not only did he awaken my artistic side, he also helped me come to terms with my fach. He is the man in charge who made me realize "Well maybe i'm not a soprano..." and that was the birth of my love for Cherubino.

The day I saw the Marriage of Figaro, I cried during the prelude. I had done so much research and analysis on this opera that I knew all there was about it. Wallis Giunta was also singing the role of Cherubino which also brought tears to my eyes.

This prodigy helped sculpt music as we know it, and for that I give him thanks!

Happy Birthday Wolfie!


Comments

Popular Posts