Wisdom Toothless?!

The day has officially came by, and as of 5pm last night, I am officially Wisdom Tooth free!
I've had loads of swelling, pain and body aches, but other wise I'm feeling good! When I have to take my medication, I get a little loopy, but soon enough I'll be back to normal.
I have regrets of eating a bag of skittles a few days ago because now I have a huge canker sore on the side of my tongue which is brushing up against my stitches :(

My whole family has been eating twix bars, hot chocolate, tacos, chicken wings, pizza, etc while I've attempted to NOT spill yogurt and bloody water, mashed potatoes and a booster juice all over myself. The freezing came out this morning after getting a full 4 hours of sleep! I woke up from the comfortableness.


My friend came over to do a gift exchange and to have a little visit and I was so slow when it came to responding to her. I would sit there for a few moments trying to sort my thoughts before actually saying them. It's hilarious. 
My face looks massive, like a chipmunk fresh outta the dryer, and the worst of the bruising and swelling comes tomorrow...

I can't use any eating utensils besides a spoon and even then, that is a challenge! I don't like doing my jaw exercises because it makes my mouth bleed (which it is still doing...24 hours later) and they just really hurt. Yes, they've made a difference, but ow... just trying to lick my lips hurts!

A funny story from the OR:

So the anesthesiologist was slowly weening me off my meds so I would wake up once the procedure ends, but I woke up too soon. The doctor had asked me if I had any music preferences and I said "anything fun and up beat!", so I woke up singing Coldplay's Sky Full Of Stars. The doctor still had his hands in my mouth and I can vaguely remember him looking at me before I fell back asleep!
The next thing I know (well...vaguely) i'm being wheeled into the recovery room, and then I started singing the Coldplay song again! That's when the doctor said "oh! you were just singing along!", because originally he thought I was screaming in pain (clearly not singing the right pitches.) So in recovery, I was entertaining my new friends by singing Lady Gaga and Aria's from Carmen. 



I dont think i'll be doing much singing in the next week, but I'll keep you all posted!

Until next time,

Tessa

Comments

Popular Posts