Update: Meeting with the Oral Surgeon

Like most musicians, December is one hell of a month. Concerts, recitals, examination preparation, cold season and Christmas caroling. Since I'm in school, I can't afford to miss anymore school than I will during audition season, and I can't afford to be off from singing for so long. With help from my parents, I've made the decision to get my wisdom teeth out over the christmas holidays.
 


The evening before the extraction, I have my christmas concert with my choir. So odds are I most likely wont be having much of a supper that evening. My appointment the next day is in the afternoon and you aren't allowed to eat 8 hours before and no liquids. So in total, I will most likely be living off of the lunch I had the day before! 
Unfortunately, I will have to miss out on my grandma's Turkey dinner and apple pie and swap it out for some room temp. mashed potatoes. Ah, the life of a musician. 

My oral surgeon was so wonderful. He was asking me questions about singing and what kind of genres I sing, and he told me "I see about 30 people a day, mostly boring people, but then there are a few people that come in who are interesting people and make my job fun. You miss, are very interesting." So, we continued on with the appointment and when we officially decided to take the teeth out, he told me "I'm going to make you sing after the procedure," to which I looked at him as if I was a deer in the head lights. Here is a little snapshot of the scene that played through my head...
 waking up........... like


Then the doctor gets me to sing.....





It looks like a vicious cycle. Anyways, I just thought I'd update you guys and I'll be posting more music related posts soon, so please be patient! 

Until next time,


Tessa




Comments

Popular Posts