Halloween!

Hey Guys! So halloween is  here and I couldn't be any more excited. This is my favourite time of year! Trees are changing colour, Yummy starbucks drinks are back in season, fuzzy socks, scarves and sweaters! It is totally awesome!
Since I'm in the festive spirit, i've decided to make a playlist of my favourite halloweenie songs! (warning, they are mostly disney tunes)
  1. The Silly Symphony - The Skeleton Dance  ; This piece is so cute and just a great piece of comedy. It's also one of the first things created by disney in 1929!
  2. Oogie Boogie Song - The Nightmare Before Christmas  ; This is a Danny Elfmann masterpiece, it is so jazzy and fun to sing along to! Not to mention the piano riff is probably my favourite thing ever. I've been obsessed with this movie since I was in my punk phase back in 6th grade. 
  3. Haunted House - Mickey Mouse ; This is another disney short from 1929 and I thought it was just so cute!
  4. Night On Bald Mountain - Mussorgsky ; A wonderfully spooky classical tune that I played in band while I was in middle school, it was also featured in Disney's Fantasia in 1941.
  5. Monster Mash -  Bobby "Boris" Pickett & The Cript Kickers ; This is just a fan favourite.
  6. Heads will roll - yeah yeah yeah's ; this is definitely for those party animals out there, and a great tune to dance to!
  7. Addams family theme ; this is just such a classic. Not to mention I was basically Wednesday Addams for a whole year, back in elementary school. 
  8. Thriller - Michael Jackson ; Another fan favourite!
  9. Time Warp - Rocky Horror Picture Show ; This is just a tune that we can all dance to!
  10. and finally, This Is Halloween - Nightmare Before Christmas ; This song couldn't sum up the day any better!
I hope you all have a wonderful halloween! So far i've probably changed my costume ideas 100 times, but after having a mishap with my Batgirl costume last night (I was hand making it and the spray paint just didn't look right) I spent a good half hour crying in the shower. So this morning I raided my closet and I'm a Scarecrow! Cute, Comfortable and Easy since I will going from school to rehearsal until late tonight (bummer, I know :[ ).  My Math teacher is letting us watch Batman though and has given us candy (which is totally awesome), the music department head (who is a major Spider-man Junkie) is Man-Spider and my vocal teacher is a beat up Mario! Trust me, there will be pictures!
I hope you all have a great and safe halloween! If you will be drinking please arrange other driving arrangements and stay safe! Have a great one guys! :)

Until next time,

Tessa

Comments

Popular Posts