First Sopranos

I have never been a really big fan of Anna Netrebko, but I've suddenly stumbled upon a clip of her in the princess diaries, and it's changed my views slightly on Ms.Netrebko, as a soloist. 


I am no a first soprano, some days I don't even think i'm a second soprano. Then again, I consider myself 
as a "lazy mezzo".

Lazy Mezzo-Soprano : [leIzi metsəʊ səˈprɑːnəʊ] a singer with the fach of a lyrical mezzo-soprano who chooses to not to warm up so they can not hit high notes.  Synonyms: coloratura altos, low mezzo-sopranos, Tessa.

And after listening to the flower duet and how "textured" the mezzo part is in comparison to the soprano part, Anna started to get on my nerves. Not forgetting to mention how uneven the parts are (not that it matters much).

I am not saying that this isn't beautiful, because it truly is. It's a wonderful piece and both singers are wonderful, but not to my liking.
After re-discovering this clip, i've changed my mind slightly. But until then, I will probably still favour every baritone and bass, and joyce di donato. 


Until next time,

Tessa


Comments

Popular Posts